Each week, I will provide the updated power rankings – based on my predictive model as originally outlined in an article I released earlier this season.
I will notate the position in power rankings for each team from the previous week – to allow our readers to see how projections adjust over the course of the season. A team moving up or down in the rankings, may not mean I changed their ranking… It could be that other teams were upgraded/downgraded accordingly.
Moving forward, this will be released on Tuesday/Wednesday of every week and will feature some commentary and highlights of the teams.
Let’s jump right into it.
- Kansas City Chiefs (LW: 1, PS: 2)⇔
The Chiefs defense still shows sign of weakness, but it is hard to argue against KC at the #1 spot.
- Baltimore Ravens (LW: 2, PS: 1)⇔
Ravens got right against the Football Team and continue to look like one of the elite teams.
- Buffalo Bills (LW: 3, PS: 6)⇔
- Green Bay Packers (LW: 6, PS: 16)⇑
- Pittsburgh Steelers (LW: 4, PS: 12)⇓
After a forced COVID related bye, Pittsburgh is back in action this week.
- Cleveland Browns (LW: 9, PS: 17)⇑
Browns put up 49 points against the hapless Cowboys defense, but lost Nick Chubb for at least 4 weeks in the process.
- Los Angeles Rams (LW: 5, PS: 15)⇓
Rams won an uninspiring game against the Giants, hopefully they have more energy moving forward…
- Seattle Seahawks (LW: 7, PS: 11)⇓
- Tennessee Titans (LW: 8, PS: 14)⇓
After a forced COVID related bye, Tennessee is back in action this week.
- Indianapolis Colts (LW: 10, PS: 9)⇔
While not an exciting game, the Colts squeezed out another one. After a slippery start against Jacksonville, the Colts have been rolling ever since.
- Tampa Bay Bucs (LW: 11, PS: 10)⇔
- New England Patriots (LW: 14, PS: 8)⇑
Despite a loss, the Patriots projected wins moved up as Cam appears likely to return this or next week.
- San Francisco 49ers (LW: 13, PS: 3)⇔
- Dallas Cowboys (LW: 12, PS: 5)⇓
- New Orleans Saints (LW: 15, PS: 4)⇔
- Arizona Cardinals (LW: 16, PS: 18)⇔
- Los Angeles Chargers (LW: 18, PS: 19)⇑
- Chicago Bears (LW: 17, PS: 24)⇓
Bears fans are now getting to enjoy what Rams, Eagles, and Jaguars fans have all experienced… What a shame.
- Philadelphia Eagles (LW: 21, PS: 7)⇑
- Detroit Lions (LW: 19, PS: 20)⇓
Matt Patricia got some ‘splainin to do.
- Las Vegas Raiders (LW: 21, PS: 7)⇔
Josh Jacobs is a BAD man. In other news…
- Minnesota Vikings (LW: 23, PS: 13)⇑
Despite the #1 rated WR duo (per PFF), the Vikings STILL run the ball incessantly on early downs.
- Miami Dolphins (LW: 22, PS: 26)⇓
Fitzmagic confirmed under center for week 5…
- Cincinnati Bengals (LW: 25, PS: 31)⇑
- Carolina Panthers (LW: 26, PS: 30)⇑
With Joe Brady calling plays and a solid defensive presence, the Panthers are tough and the future is bright.
- Denver Broncos (LW: 27, PS: 22)⇑
Broncos should probably be in the Trevor Lawrence sweepstakes… But here we are.
- Atlanta Falcons (LW: 28, PS: 21)⇑
- Washington Football Team (LW: 29, PS: 28)⇑
Aside from Rivera, some key defensive pieces and Terry McLaurin there isn’t much to be excited about.
- Houston Texans (LW: 24, PS: 23)⇓
The BoB era is over… It is almost sad.
- New York Giants (LW: 30, PS: 29)⇔
- Jacksonville Jaguars (LW: 31, PS: 32)⇔
- New York Jets (LW: 32, PS: 27)⇔