The NBA season is back and with it comes one of my favorite platforms to play DFS on. This article will BRKDWN 4 of my favorite plays for tonight’s two-game contest on ThriveFantasy.
New to Thrive? Don’t miss the opportunity to #PropUp with ThriveFantasy. A BRAND NEW product rethinking DFS & Player Props. Sign up TODAY with our link and they’ll match a $10 deposit dollar-for-dollar. Promo Code: BRKDWN
NBA Schedule For October 22nd
The New Orleans Pelicans @ The Toronto Raptors – At 8:00 P.M. Eastern Time
The Los Angeles Lakers @ The Los Angeles Clippers – At 10:30 P.M. Eastern Time
Brandon Ingram: [Prop – 5.5 Rebounds]
- Ingram averaged 5.1 rebounds per game last season while playing second and even third fiddle at times for the Lakers. However, he closed the season by recording at least 6 rebounds in six out of his last seven games without LeBron present. He is more than capable of racking up rebounds.
- The Pelicans will be without rookie Zion Williamson on opening night due to a knee injury. That will open up more playing time for Ingram which should translate to more counting stats.
Final Decision: Take the OVER on Ingram tonight. With Williamson out, Ingram will be bolstered into an even more prominent role on both ends of the floor. The value for 110 points on this prop is hard to ignore.
Pascal Siakam: [Prop – 30.5 Points + Rebounds]
- Siakam has a lot of pressure on his shoulders going into this season because many people are expecting him to be the answer now that Kawhi is gone.
- Siakam averaged 16.9 points per game and 6.9 rebounds per game during the 2018/2019 season. Both of those numbers are set to see an increase. His usage rating, shot attempts, and minutes will also go up this year.
- Given the match-up and the fact that the Pelicans are without Zion to start the season, I think it’s safe to project Siakam is good for 25+ points and 8+ rebounds tonight.
Final Decision: Take the OVER for 100 points on Thrive.
Marc Gasol: [Prop – 11.5 Rebounds + Assists]
- Gasol is not a shoot-first big man which is why this prop is a lock tonight. Last season Gasol averaged 7.9 rebounds & 4.4 assists per game.
- Tonights match-up also makes this an intriguing pick because he will be going up against Dwight Howard and JaVale McGee. This will likely translate to at least 30 minutes of action for him tonight. Plenty of time to rack up rebounds and assists.
Final Decision: Take the OVER on this prop tonight for 95 points on Thrive.
Lou Williams: [Prop – 22.5 Points Assists]
- Last season Lou Williams averaged a whopping 20 points per game & 5.4 assists per game. The Clippers will be without Paul George for the first couple weeks of the season which will allow for Williams to get his.
- Williams played in 75 games last season and only started one game. He is a major part of the Clippers success and is positioned as the 6th man once again. Look for him to put up 20+ points alone tonight.
Final Decision: Take the OVER for 90 points on Thrive.