Top Performers, Injury Updates and Who to Watch.
(Week of 2/02/20-2/08/20)
Here is theBRKDWN’s weekly fantasy hockey recap which covers the top skaters and goalies of the week, a player in the fantasy spotlight for the upcoming week and notable injuries updates..
Fantasy Skaters of the Week
Sebastian Aho (CAR)
- 4 GP: 5 goals, 2 assists, 0 PP points.
- Aho lit the lamp in all four games this week, including two multi-point outings. He has now reached the 30 goal mark on the season, while also surpassing 50 points. The Finnish forward is currently riding a six game point streak, and looks to improve it to seven when the Canes take on the Stars this Tuesday.
John Tavares (TOR)
- 2 GP: 5 goals, 2 assists, 4 PP points.
- Tavares also had a goal in all four of his outings this week, including a two goal and one assist performance against the Anaheim Ducks. Four of Tavares’ seven points came on the Leafs’ power play. Tavares now sits at 23 goals and 25 assists on the season.
Colton Parayko (STL)
- 3 GP: 4 goals, 1 assists, 2 PP points.
- Parayko is the lone defender on the list this week, scoring four goals in three games this week. Parayko only lit the lamp twice in the month of January, and has already crushed that mark in February. He now has six goals and 12 assists on the season, but continues to be a key player for the St. Louis blue line.
Fantasy Goalies of the Week
Mackenzie Blackwood (NJ)
- 2 Starts, 2 Wins, 2 Shutouts, and a GAA of .1000.
- Blackwood might have just concluded the best week yet for a netminder in the NHL this season. He put out a 46 save shutout against the Flyers, and then followed that up with a 37 save shoutout against the Kings. The 23 year old netminder continues to be one of the few bright spots for this Devils team, as he has collected a win in 17 of his 35 starts.
Elvis Merzlikins (CBJ)
- 4 starts, 3 wins, 2 shutouts, and a GAA of .950.
- Elvis had yet another impressive week, collecting three more wins for the Blue Jackets in his four starts. His lone loss came against the Avalanche on Saturday, where he gave up two goals on 22 shots. Elvis had two more shutouts, blanking the Panthers and the Red Wings. Merzlikins is beginning to make a very strong case for the Calder, and will probably be mentioned alongside the frontrunners of Hughes and Makar.
Philipp Grubauer (COL)
- 3 starts, 3 wins, 0 shutouts, and a GAA of .963.
- Three starts and three wins for the Colorado netminder this week. Grubauer posted a trio of solid outings, giving up just one goal in each game. After a slower start to the year, Grubauer now sits at a .913 save percentage and 2.72 GAA on the season. He now has solidified himself as the Avalanche starting goalie.
Fantasy Spotlight of The Week:
Jack Campbell (TOR)
The former LA Kings netminder was acquired by the Maple Leafs this past week in order to fill the hole that appeared when Frederik Andersen went down. Even though Andersen is only day-to-day and should return to action somewhat soon, Campbell is a clear upgrade as backup goalie over Hutchinson. Campbell already has two starts under his belt with the Leafs, defeating the Ducks but dropping a hard fought game in OT to the Canadiens. Keep an eye on the proven netminder in a new city, as he helps the Leafs make a strong push for the playoffs.
Connor McDavid (EDM) – Undisclosed
Alexander Radulov (DAL) – Upper-Body
Antti Raanta (ARI) – Undisclosed
Ondrej Kase (ANA) – Head
Brock Boeser (VAN) – Upper-Body
William Nylander (TOR) – Illness
Brian Boyle (FLA) – Undisclosed
Shea Weber (MON) – Lower-Body
Cody Ceci (TOR) – Ankle
Nico Hischier (NJ) – Undisclosed
Frederik Andersen (TOR) – Neck
John Marino (PIT) – Fractured cheekbone
Mark Giordano (CGY) – Hamstring